Congratulations to the NFL. I am enjoying my second year of a boycott against you for your tolerance and disrespect by the players against our flag, national anthem, soldiers, country and your company. My boycott includes not watching games (including the Super Bowl), reading about the players or even participating in office pools.

I will not be back until a) the citizens of the United States garne an official and real apology, b) You prove six continuous games of honoring our country, the flag, military personnel, citizens and our National Anthem.

Neither the NFL, nor the NFLPA proved any address of this discord during the offseason by working with police departments, having community seminars, organizing a meet the players and hear those that used to support your team and those that still do. The off season is when you can make a difference. When we pay our revenues for tickets, merchandise and cable, we expect to see family traditions and honor to our country. During a game (pre game is included in this scenario) we are not expecting individuals to be speaking out for the collective NFL. As you silenced Tim Tebow with his Christian message, we were shocked that you allowed this to happen and continue.

You may not feel my boycott makes a difference, but each person that hears my story and reads my posts has the opportunity to choose the same path. As I read stories of the financial hit this boycott has taken, I hope it continues until the NFL and owners feel the financial pinch for the damage you have done to our country.

I am sure you understand my position.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Comments

JellyDoll
#1542057

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. They have every right to peacefully protest.

to JellyDoll #1542154

Agreed, but on their personal time. When paid by an employer, their actions at the workplace are no longer free speech, but a corporate plan of action, yo which I choose not to offer my economic note. Protest away in the off sesson.....

JellyDoll
to Anonymous #1542210

They have every right to protest in a peaceful manner and are protected by the First Amendment to do so. You COULD legally protest in a similar manner at your workplace, if they chose to play the National Anthem.

I am from Texas where football is somewhat of a religion..... I love the game but hate the disrespectfulness that the players are bringing into the arena.

After seeing the headlines tonight, I am choosing to turn the channel and watch a sport that chooses to be politics free. I’ll miss football but anxiously await for the game to get back to the game.